Construction has begun to repair and improve Ambassador Caffery Parkway (LA 3073) on the stretch of the roadway from Johnston Street (U.S. 167) to Kaliste Saloom Road. This portion of Ambassador Caffery is a state highway, therefore the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development manages and oversees the project.
The project includes concrete roadway patching, curb and gutter repairs, joint sealing, drainage structure replacements, sidewalk and driveway replacements, and related work.
Construction is divided into three sections and will be repaired in the following order:
· Johnston Street to Robley Drive, expected completion date is February 2021
· Robley Drive to the Vermilion River, expected completion date is August 2021
· Vermilion River to Kaliste Saloom Road, expected completion date January 2022
To avoid traffic congestion, crews will work at night when fewer people are on the road, with the exception of daytime and nighttime construction throughout weekends.
· Mondays-Thursdays from 8 p.m.-6 a.m., weather permitting
· Friday evenings beginning at 8 p.m.-6 a.m. Monday mornings, weather permitting
Periodic lane closures are necessary to perform pavement patching and to facilitate replacement of concrete sidewalks and driveways. Louisiana Department of Transportation road crews will alternate lane closures; lane closures will be limited to one section at a time. Lane closures are not allowed from the Friday prior to Thanksgiving through the Sunday following New Year’s Day.
Drivers who have questions about the project should direct questions to Deidra Druilhet at 337-262-6133